Today everybody is speaking about data, how it is important, how it changes the whole world, how its processing in companies increases profits and efficiency…etc. But is it useful? Don´t we rely on it too much? Does it really help? Which role does its quality play?
Let´s start from the beginning with defining one of the most famous buzzword in this field and what majority of our blog articles will be focused on:
(just in case you haven´t seen and heard it enough already)
Big data (again) is… To define it is very hard, complicated and vague. It depends on the company, field and even country. Each definition concerning big data which one can find somewhere is different. However, all definitions have in common that “Big data is the various, complex, credible, large volume of data that is very important”. What a nice definition. But… You know what? Let´s put some real examples:
- Some e-shop is able to recommend products based on customers´ previous buying patterns.
- Healthcare providers are able to dig in to patient records to come up with more individualized treatment plans.
- Assistance car systems can help you change gears according to your driving ability and your location.
- Ticket portals are able to give you special offers according to the place where you are now and where you are coming in the future.
- Banks can prepare tailor-made loans or other products according to your current status.
So, we still do not know exactly what big data is, but we can claim that the thing (read Big Data) can help you with specifications, recommendations, individualizations, adjustments, predictions or with faster and accurate decision making.
And that is exactly “why” we want to help you with Big data definition and governance and process implementation.